Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com> on 2015/07/12 05:09:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating

Hello everyone,

This is the call for vote for the following RC to be released as official
Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating release. This is our third release.

Apache Lens provides an Unified Analytics interface. Lens aims to cut the
Data Analytics silos by providing a single view of data across multiple
tiered data stores and optimal execution environment for the analytical
query. It seamlessly integrates Hadoop with traditional data warehouses to
appear like one.

Vote on dev list:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAPYoVThzQCHdYVASR35zeYqHj_tWo93GuzTLzCrmRAq3qMjecg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Result of vote on dev list:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAPYoVThOEAeMiNdtef%3D35QxRLetryRFKs3ED-oeCh2xi1KEqww%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The commit id is 9c45f1cb4c69ec5de6fe3320abdd5bd85c250e9f
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-lens/repo?p=incubator-lens.git;a=commit;h=9c45f1cb4c69ec5de6fe3320abdd5bd85c250e9f>
 -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-lens/repo?p=incubator-lens.git;a=commit;h=9c45f1cb4c69ec5de6fe3320abdd5bd85c250e9f

This corresponds to the tag: apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-lens.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating

The release archives (tar.gz/.zip), signature, and checksums are
here:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/lens/apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating-rc0/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/lens/apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating-rc0/>*

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/lens/KEYS

The release candidate consists of the following source distribution archive:
apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating-source-release.zip

In addition, the following supplementary binary distributions are
provided for user convenience at the same location:
apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating-bin.tar.gz

The licensing of bundled bits in the archives have not changed from
previous release, which are
documented
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Licensing+in+Apache+Lens

The Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelens-1005

Release notes available at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329586&projectId=12315923

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] 0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

Thanks,
Jaideep Dhok

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Verified checksum, signature on src/bin. Built package target from
source. NOTICE/LICENSE/DISCLAIMER present, but I only did a cursory
check of the dependencies.

The DEPENDENCIES file at the top level of the source tarball is empty. -C

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramdasu <am...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

The vote is now closed and passed with 5 +1 votes (4 binding), no -1 votes
and no 0 votes.
We now have the required number of positive binding votes and will therefore
proceed with publishing this release.

Thank you all for voting.

Binding votes :
+1 Amareshwari Sriramadasu
+1 Justin Mclean
+1 Sharad Agarwal
+1 Chris Douglas

Non-binding votes :
+1 Jaideep Dhok

Vote on incubator list :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201507.mbox/%3CCAPYoVTh6CUCogVe2pP2ZFH8OSG4G6gUj%2BvbOUhEqh3wrZTZuqA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Vote on dev list :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lens-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAPYoVThzQCHdYVASR35zeYqHj_tWo93GuzTLzCrmRAq3qMjecg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Thanks
Amareshwari

The vo

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
I'm closing the vote as 72 hours passed and required number of votes are
received. Closing it on behalf of Jaideep as he is OOO.

Thanks all for taking time to vote.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> Those are files required for  binary distribution LICENSE files. Some of
> the libraries included in binary distribution are dual licensed along with
> GPL.

And I assume you ‘re not using the GPL license version :-)

> AFAIK, I have verified all the content wrt licenses and the NOTICE is fine.

From a quick look it seems to me that is not the case as it listing licences rather than what’s required but I'll take your word for it.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Justin for bringing up issues on the candidate. Responses in-line.

> Minor issues:
> - Any reason why are these file included in the source release?
>         apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/LICENSE-GPLv3
>         apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/LICENSE-LGPL
>         Basically anything in
> apache-lens-2.2.0-beta-incubating/bin-dist-files/* - you might want to
> remove then in future releases.

Those are files required for  binary distribution LICENSE files. Some of
the libraries included in binary distribution are dual licensed along with
GPL. Sure, We will see if the files can be removed from source distribution
while packaging.

- The binary release NOTICE file probably has unnecessary content but
> that’s not a release blocker.

AFAIK, I have verified all the content wrt licenses and the NOTICE is fine.

> - It would be better to have the release signed by apache.org email.
> - Any reason the source is a .zip and the binary a .tar.gz?
>
> We are using default apache-release profile for source release - which is
generating zip file.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lens 2.2.0-beta-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

For the source release I checked: