Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Eric Lemings <Er...@roguewave.com> on 2008/01/07 23:01:27 UTC

Test Dependencies

It seems that most of the tests depend on nothing more than the
C++ standard library and the RWTest library.  Others have some
dependencies that are not so obvious.  Some require the TOPDIR
environment variable defined, some locale tests require the
locales database files, etc.  Can someone outlines these
dependencies in greater detail?  Or is this info documented in
a file somewhere in the distribution?

Thanks,
Brad.

Re: Test Dependencies

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Eric Lemings wrote:
> It seems that most of the tests depend on nothing more than the
> C++ standard library and the RWTest library.  Others have some
> dependencies that are not so obvious.  Some require the TOPDIR
> environment variable defined, some locale tests require the
> locales database files, etc.  Can someone outlines these
> dependencies in greater detail?  Or is this info documented in
> a file somewhere in the distribution?

There's no documentation for the test suite. Only a few of the
locale tests need TOPDIR to be defined: those that exercise the
stdcxx locales. I can't think of any other such dependency.

Martin