Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Angsuman <an...@technologist.com> on 2000/02/13 01:52:18 UTC

Unable to run Simple custom tag example, a very interesting problem

I was unable to run the Simple custom tag example from tomcat.
Has anyone else faced the same problem? Is there a workaround to use tags?
The error I am getting on the browser is:
Error: 500

try to access class com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class
org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl

The Exception on the server is:
Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such
errors more gracefully
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode fr
om class org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoIm
pl.java:155)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspP
arseEventListener.java:648)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegat
ingListener.java:110)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:188)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:984)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:959)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:955)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:140)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessar
y(JspServlet.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java:148)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
47)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:352)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper
.java:626)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper
.java:534)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:378)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:440
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:30
4)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Any help would be highly appreciated,
Angsuman

about the CVS update notices

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
I'm getting to many of the CVS update notices...
(jakarta-tomcat-cvs@apache.org)
There does not seem to be a place on the "mailing lists" page to unsubscribe
from the update notice list...
What is the command to do so?

It might be better to offer that list be offered as an option, as sometimes
I would want to get the notices (i.e. if I was working on a particular
component) but getting them when I'm not working on any of the components is
not really required...

- Brill Pappin
  www.jmonkey.com

RE: Unable to run Simple custom tag example, a very interesting problem

Posted by Angsuman <an...@technologist.com>.
Thanks Danno for the tip.
I tried to email directly to you at danno@earthlink.net, but it got bounced
back.
Angsuman

on/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/43/question_id/235

--Danno

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
RTFAQ