Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/03 23:06:56 UTC

Unable to download 4.14.1 SDK using the Apache Flex SDK Installer

Bit of a strange one... I just tried to download 4.14.1 and AIR 17 and the
agreements screen comes up blank. When I click continue the install fails.

I was able to download 4.15 and AIR 20 without any problems.

The install log has this in it:

Installer version 3.2.0 (mac)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1
AIR version 17.0
Flash Player version 17.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://mirror.olnevhost.net/pub/apache/flex/4.14.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.tar.gz
Unable to download Apache Flex SDK
Installation aborted

Getting a 404 when browsing to
http://mirror.olnevhost.net/pub/apache/flex/4.14.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.tar.gz

Incidentally I noticed the installer version is 3.2.0 and the sdk config
that it's requesting is from
http://flex.apache.org/installer/sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml. Not sure if
those versions are supposed to match.

Attaching a screenshot of the blank license agreements screen which seems
weird.

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: Unable to download 4.14.1 SDK using the Apache Flex SDK Installer

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
Yep... works. Thank you.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Bit of a strange one... I just tried to download 4.14.1 and AIR 17 and the agreements screen comes up blank. When I click continue the install fails.

Maybe that it’s not looking in the archive area but the release area. Looking at the installer config that looks to be case [1]  (see the commented out 4.14.1 line).

I’m currently not at a computer where I can fix this. Someone mind doing so?

> I was able to download 4.15 and AIR 20 without any problems.

4.15 is the current release and would be in the mirrors.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://flex.apache.org/installer/sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml