Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Juergen Hoffmann <ho...@apache.org> on 2008/11/22 22:17:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Turbine 2.3.3 Released

Hi Community,

the Turbine Development Team is pleased to announce the turbine 2.3.3
release!

http://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3.3/index.html

Turbine is a servlet based framework that allows experienced Java developers

to quickly build secure web applications. Parts of Turbine can also be used
independently of the web portion of Turbine as well. In other words, we
strive
to make portions of Turbine easily available for use in other applications.

===

Changes in this version include:

  New Features:

o Added getBooleans() and getBooleanObjects() to the ValueParser to provide
  "more orthogonal" interface.
o Made ValueParser and BaseValueParser locale-aware. Note that the default
  locale used is always the default value of the JVM which is different from

  the previous behaviour where the locale used was sometimes Locale.US (for
  float, double and BigDecimal) and sometimes the JVM-default (for dates).
o The init() method in LocalizationTool is no longer declared as final - you

  can now extend this class to provide alternative ways of initializing the
  locale.
o Default ServerData values can now be specified in
  TurbineResources.properties.
o Added an extension of LDAPUser named ActiveDirectoryUser to simplify the
  authentication against AD servers. Added some documentation with a
  configuration example.
o Extended Intake to allow validators based on comparisons between fields of

  the same group. Two example validators are provided, for date ranges and
  for integer ranges.
o Added JSON-RPC Service to support JavaScript to Java AJAX communications
  using JSON-RPC-Java. For further details see JSON-RPC Service.
o Added UI Service as a replacement for the UIManager pull tool (now
  deprecated in favor of the backwards compatible UITool). For further
  details see UI Service.
o Extended HtmlPageAttributes to allow generic <link /> tags in the
  HTML head section.
o Added Thomas's variation on Siegfried's TurbineYaafiComponentService that
  allows Fulcrum components to be used in Turbine 2.3 in a fulcrum-yaafi
  container. Fixes TRB-27. Thanks to Thomas Vandahl.
o Extended the LocalizationService to provide formatting facilities.
o Extended Intake to care for localization and to allow user-defined field
  types (type "custom"). The Validator interface has been extended so custom

  validators must be adjusted unless they extend DefaultValidator.

  Fixed bugs:

o Minor correction to intake.dtd - added missing fieldClass attribute to
  field element.
o Fix a memory leak due to an invalid map key type. Fixes TRB-70. Thanks to
  Susi Berrington. o Fixed a couple of NullPointerExceptions that can occur
when Intake is
  validating multiValued fields.
o Fixed a NullPointerExceptions that can occur when Intake is used to
  validate a primitive field. Clarified the meaning of Field.isSet() in
  Javadoc.
o Intake was not handling empty values correctly. Fixes TRB-9. Thanks to
  Jürgen Hoffmann.
o A FileItem in a ParameterParser added to TurbineURI or TemplateURI was
  resulting in a NPE. Fixes TRB-8. Thanks to Gunther Olesch.
o TurbineURI was mishandling the empty String. Fixes TRB-16. Thanks to
Jürgen
  Hoffmann.
o Intake was not loading the correct Default Validators when the rules for a

  field are empty. Fixes TRB-14. Thanks to Jürgen Hoffmann.

  Changes:

o Preparing for the Release of Turbine 2.3.3
o VelocityHtmlEmail now throws EmailException rather than
  VelocityEmailException. This has been done for compatibility with
  commons-email-1.1, even though commons-email-1.0 is being used for now.
o Update jar dependencies: javax.activation to 1.1.1 javax.mail to 1.4.1
  commons-configuration to 1.5 commons-fileupload to 1.2.1 commons-io to 1.4

  commons-logging to 1.1.1 commons-lang to 2.4 commons-pool to 1.4 log4j to
  1.2.15 servletapi to 2.4
o Further simplify the value assignment in Intake fields.
o Use the localize features of the parser to simplify the value assignment
in
  Intake fields. Made handling of empty values consistent over all number
  field types.
o Important change: The BaseValueParser now consistently returns null for
all
  get-methods that return an Object, if the parameter name does not exist.
  This changes the behaviour of getBigDecimal which used to return 0 in this

  case.
o Initialize the locale of RunData, the ParameterParser and the CookieParser

  from the HttpServletRequest. Make RunData.setLocale propagate the locale
  setting to the parsers.
o Set the locale of the ParameterParser and the CookieParser from the
default
  locale of RunData.
o Improved handling of null values for query parameter and path info values
  in TurbineURI (avoids a NPE, logs warning message).
o Update to latest release of Torque.
o Update to latest release of Fulcrum Yaafi.
o Eliminate cryptix dependency. The cryptix library contains strong
  encryption algorithms causing problems using the software outside of the
US
  (ECCN). This is a partial backport from Fulcrum so the real work was done
  by Siegfried Goeschl.
o Make SecurityServices run with Torque 3.3.
o Removed unnecessary locking in the XSLT service. Make relative includes
  work again.
o Update jar dependencies: commons-collections to 3.2 commons-configuration
  to 1.4 commons-dbcp to 1.2.2 commons-digester to 1.8 commons-lang to 2.3
  commons-pool to 1.3 log4j to 1.2.14 velocity to 1.5
o Deprecated the DBSecurityService and its associated classes. It has been
  replaced by the TorqueSecurityService.
o Intake now handles the case where the mapToObject does not map to all
  fields in the group. Fixes TRB-9. Thanks to Jürgen Hoffmann.

  Removed features:

o Remove the ComponentService. This has been deprecated long ago. It has
been
  replaced by the different incarnations of AvalonComponentService.
o Remove long deprecated classes.
    org.apache.turbine.util.SequencedHashtable
    org.apache.turbine.util.StringStackBuffer
    org.apache.turbine.util.FileUtils
    org.apache.turbine.util.BufferCache
    org.apache.turbine.util.QuickSort
    org.apache.turbine.util.Comparable
    org.apache.turbine.util.Log
    org.apache.turbine.util.mail.*
    org.apache.turbine.util.validation.*
    org.apache.turbine.util.upload.*
    org.apache.java.lang.*
    org.apache.java.security.*
    org.apache.turbine.util.db.*
    org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResources
    org.apache.turbine.services.db.*

===

Issues, bugs, and feature requests for turbine-2
should be submitted to the following issue tracking system:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRB

Have fun!
-The Turbine development team

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Turbine 2.3.3 Released

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Juergen,

thanks for all the effort cutting a release ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

AW: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Turbine 2.3.3 Released

Posted by Juergen Hoffmann <ho...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

I have moved them. Now we have to wait until the mirroring system picks them
up.

Kind regards

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <ho...@ellumination.de>.