Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2016/10/24 13:29:22 UTC

Cannot find class CamelContextFactory in Camel 2.18.0

I'm running Camel in Karaf 4.0.7. I'm about to upgrade from Camel 2.17.2 to
Camel 2.18.0.

CamelContextFactory is in package org.apache.camel.osgi.

In Camel 2.17.2 this class resided in component camel-spring which exported
this package.

In Camel 2.18.0 this class instead resides in component camel-spring-dm
which does not export this package.

I have code that is now broken since it uses the CamelContextFactory class.

Is this change intentional? Am I not supposed to use CamelContextFactory?
If so, is there a workaround? (Copy/paste code from Camel 2.17.2?)

/Bengt

Re: Cannot find class CamelContextFactory in Camel 2.18.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You are not supposed to use this code its for internal osgi stuff.

See camel-scr how to setup manually CamelContext from OSGi in Java code.
However we recommend using camel-blueprint / camel-cdi or camel-scr
for OSGi and not do it yourself.

--
Claus Ibsen