Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2012/12/03 19:41:32 UTC

Please review portability changes

There is no qpid-proton group on reviewboard so I'm posting this
manually.

I've some putative changes that improve the portability of proton
(especially to BSD based systems at the moment).

I'd like someone to try them on OS X as I don't have access to that
myself.

Note that you will manually have to turn warnings off if they cause
compilation problems under gcc on OS X:

cmake -DENABLE_WARNING_ERROR=off ...

or you can do this with "make edit_cache" and the visual editor if
you've already configured the build.

Ideally I'd like to put this in before the next release as extra
platforms == good :-)

Andrew

Re: Please review portability changes

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
I can do this. I don't see a patch attached. Am I missing something?

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
Note the patch seems to address the two issues that Andrew and I ran into with the current code. I will test and let you know. Andrew most likely will as well.

Regards,

Weston

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.