Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Connolly <ps...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/23 08:08:01 UTC

Way to check the integrity of subversion repositories?

I stumbled across a potential integrity problem in my Subversion
repository.  I was running a new trial copy of FishEye against it and
the FishEye repository scan is choking on a specific revision that was
committed several months ago.  Granted, the problem might ultimately
be in FishEye, but it inevitably begs the question: "Is there a
program(s) that can find (and possibly fix) integrity problems in a
Subversion repository?"  Since most of us invest a large percentage of
our corporate assets (i.e., software, data, ...) in Subversion, it
would be nice to be able to check the repository integrity on a
regular basis.

Re: Way to check the integrity of subversion repositories?

Posted by marc gonzalez-carnicer <ca...@gmail.com>.
have you tried svnadmin verify?

last time i checked, it's not a very documented feature.

if you find a corruption or some messy revisions, problem, the
way to solve them seems to be using svnadmin dump / load, and
svndumpfilter.