Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2012/04/23 11:53:43 UTC

Camel:Flatpack component

Hi

I have a fixed width text log file. I want to parse it.

This is the file structure

line1:[ENTRY1]:[ENTRY2]:[ENTRY3]
line2:[ENTRY1]:[ENTRY2]:[ENTRY3]
line3:[ENTRY1]:[ENTRY2]:[ENTRY3]

Will i be able to capture all three entries for every new entry and write to
a database. Only the new entries should be read for every file read.

How far camel can help me in this, I feel better to write in camel than to
write a standalone java code. Somebody can help me?

Regards
Guru

Re: Camel:Flatpack component

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi Charles,

I was successful in using the stream component. I created a route like shown
below. It works.

I want to combine bindy component, Since now I am getting empty files on
other endpoint.

Please share your knowledge on this. I am using xml way of coding. How can I
combine these two components.

Logically I am struck.

    <route>
      <from
uri="stream:in:file?fileName=//input//test.txt?scanStream=true?scanStreamDelay=1000"/>
      <to uri="file://output"/>
<to uri="log:SUCCESS"/>

    </route>
  </camelContext>

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
You can combine the stream component (http://camel.apache.org/stream.html)
to avoid to read each time all the entries of a file and a Camel DataFormat

from("stream:file?fileName=/server/logs/server.log&scanStream=true&scanStreamDelay=1000")

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guru,

The structure that you have to parse (FixedLength or CSV) could be parsed
easily using camel-bindy dataformat.
Please have a look here : http://camel.apache.org/bindy.html

Regards,

Charles

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Gnanaguru S <