Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by numE <nu...@onionizer.de> on 2006/06/23 10:00:55 UTC

always 0.00 score?

Hi,

i just updated from 2.64 to the current version.
after fixing some perl issues

spamassassin --lint

is showing no more error, but unfortunately every message is
discovered with a 0.00 score.

----
http://phpfi.com/125371
(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
----

below is the result of:
spamassassin -D < gtube.txt

----
http://phpfi.com/125372
(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
----

Could you please provide me some hints.

i also recognized, that the old version used this in local.cf:

----
http://phpfi.com/125374
(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
----
but if i add this to the config again i get errors when using --lint.

here is my new local.cf:
----
http://phpfi.com/125373
(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
----

Thanks for your help!

greetings,

Thadeus

Re: spamd / logging to terminal

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
numE wrote:
> Now i have just a small issue left.
>
> i use the following /etc/init.d/spamd script:
> http://kmail.kde.org/unsupported/spamd
>
> unfortunately now i get the log messages from spamd always on my root
> account (displayed in terminal)
> how may i change this behavior?

Edit your syslog.conf to control which messages are directed to the console.

spamd / logging to terminal (was: Re: always 0.00 score?)

Posted by numE <nu...@onionizer.de>.
Hi jdow, Hi Garry,

jdow schrieb:
> One wonders how he updated. Did he remove the old one completely and
> then install the new one? Otherwise he may be experiencing the joys
> of having pieces of two versions both active on his system.
> {^_^}

This hint was perfectly correct.
Now it is running fine. :-)
Thanks a lot to both of you.

Now i have just a small issue left.

i use the following /etc/init.d/spamd script:
http://kmail.kde.org/unsupported/spamd

unfortunately now i get the log messages from spamd always on my root
account (displayed in terminal)
how may i change this behavior?

greetings & thanks in advance,

Thadeus

Re: always 0.00 score?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Gary V" <mr...@hotmail.com>

Re: always 0.00 score?

Posted by numE <nu...@onionizer.de>.
Dear Gary,

Gary V schrieb:
>> Your installation mail have failed too -
>
> Sorry, should read:
>
>> Your installation may have failed too -

thanks for all your hints. i'll try it tomorrow and
tell you (on the list) if it worked :)

greetings & good night,

Thadeus

RE: always 0.00 score?

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.

RE: always 0.00 score?

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.

>>i also recognized, that the old version used this in local.cf:
>>
>>----
>>http://phpfi.com/125374
>>(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
>>----
>>but if i add this to the config again i get errors when using --lint.

You show:

user_scores_dsn
DBI:mysql:confixx:localhost;mysql_socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

This should all be on one line - not two:

RE: always 0.00 score?

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>i just updated from 2.64 to the current version.
>after fixing some perl issues
>
>spamassassin --lint
>
>is showing no more error, but unfortunately every message is
>discovered with a 0.00 score.
>
>----
>http://phpfi.com/125371
>(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
>----
>

>below is the result of:
>spamassassin -D < gtube.txt
>

>----
>http://phpfi.com/125372
>(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
>----

It appears only two rules files are found. Where are the rest? I would think
you could either find them (the correct version of them) and copy them here,
or if they are somewhere else (like /usr/local/share/spamassassin) that you
could rename this directory so spamassassin/spamd will use the other
location instead. Your installation mail have failed too - you may not even
have the correct set of rules installed anywhere - so you may need to
reinstall.

[13974] dbg: config: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
[13974] dbg: config: read file /usr/share/spamassassin/25_dkim.cf
[13974] dbg: config: read file /usr/share/spamassassin/60_whitelist_dkim.cf

>Could you please provide me some hints.
>
>i also recognized, that the old version used this in local.cf:
>
>----
>http://phpfi.com/125374
>(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
>----
>but if i add this to the config again i get errors when using --lint.

Be more specific - what part does 'this' refer to, and exactly what errors.

Make sure you edit v310.pre and enable DCC, Razor and Pyzor if you use them
and are compliant with the DCC license agreement.

>here is my new local.cf:
>----
>http://phpfi.com/125373
>(had to put it external, as my mail was always blocked - to long)
>----
>

>Thanks for your help!
>

>greetings,
>
>Thadeus