Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/05/06 15:54:35 UTC

[release] Site overhaul can wait until right after release

I have cleaned up much of the site minus some issues in Kerberos
projects and Authx.  Enrique wrote out a few one pagers for the various
protocol providers and we intended to totally redo the navigation to fix
site docs.  I'm thinking after some emails and requests I've been
getting from people that we release right after cleaning up Kerberos and
Authx.

I will work exclusively on getting a tar ball out for people to look at
today.  I would like to kick off a vote to release ApacheDS 0.9 at the
end of the day.  It's about time.

Alex

Re: [release] Site overhaul can wait until right after release

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I have cleaned up much of the site minus some issues in Kerberos
> projects and Authx.  Enrique wrote out a few one pagers for the
> various protocol providers and we intended to totally redo the
> navigation to fix site docs.  I'm thinking after some emails and
> requests I've been getting from people that we release right after
> cleaning up Kerberos and Authx.
>
> I will work exclusively on getting a tar ball out for people to look
> at today.  I would like to kick off a vote to release ApacheDS 0.9 at
> the end of the day.  It's about time.

I take this back.  I finished all the integration and the new menus.
Take a look here at the staging area.  It will take 4 hours for this to
deploy over to ajax and be live on the main site:

http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/rsynced-sites/directory/

Meaning I already published it.  You will notice there are multiple ways
to get to the same page via the menu.  For example under the "protocols"
catagory menu all protocol providers are listed.  In particular you can
get to the same page on the Ldap provider from the "LDAP" category.

Note the goal to having a "protocols" collapsable category menu was to
keep the menu small.  However I realized its best if we do both: that is
have the protocols submenu and list each protocol in the main menu.
This way search engines can find things better and we can attract more
people to the site.

Ok now I'm off to freeze a few snapshots deps, tag, and bump.

Cheers,
Alex