Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrej Rosenheinrich <ar...@minet.uni-jena.de> on 2001/08/16 18:31:42 UTC

File not readable

Hello,

I would really need some help on a problem thats probably pretty simple
but I have absolutely no clue why this happens.

I am running Tomcat on OpenVMS. I wrote a java-class that reads a
graphicfile, converts it and writes the outputfile on disk. Running this
from commandline it works properly. The problem starts when trying to use
this method from an servlet. Already the attempt to read the inputfile
fails with the error-message: file not readable.
I set the permission in tomcat.policy for the whole directory to
read+write+delete, so I think it aint a security-problem. If it would
be a problem with permissions I also should get a SecurityException
instead. Apart from that I tested the file with some methods of the
File-class. The file exists, is a normal file, but just not readable ...

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any hint!

Andrej Rosenheinrich

"I lived a thousand times, I found out what it means to be believed"
Black Sabbath

email : aros@minet.uni-jena.de