Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by buzzterrier <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/22 19:33:24 UTC

Installing a jar to local repos

I went through the tutorial and searched the list, but I cannot seem to find
out how to install a third party jar that is not in the maven repository
into an ivy repository. I know I must be missing something obvious. The
ivy:install appears to only copy a module and it's artifacts from one repos
to another.

Re: Installing a jar to local repos

Posted by Paulo Santos <pa...@gmail.com>.
Actually, i need to check what happen when you download a jar and place by
hand in a local, shared repository. Because I think some of the files I just
placed by hand in the local rep and with ivy:install I copied to my shared
rep (not sure though!!!). Try that, and tell me what happens!!! No, I don´t
use Archiva, since my project already uses Subversion I just use the ivysvn
plugin/resolver, it´s working very smoothly for me, the guys did a great job
(so far for me) with this extension.

Posted by buzzterrier <te...@gmail.com>.
Thx Paulo, That worked.

Posted by Paulo Santos <pa...@gmail.com>.