Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2005/12/30 16:51:03 UTC

Re: Weird behaviour with remote db repository

Carl Vorster wrote:
> Have any of you ran into a similar situation, or can point me into the right
> direction of why this is happening?

> mysql <yourdb>
repair table spool;
repair table inbox;
exit;

Let me know if this solve your problem.

Mysql tables must be manually optimized (repair run the optimization
too) when a lot of write/delete happens.

If this fix the problem you probably want to put a cron script to run
the repair.

Stefano

Re: Weird behaviour with remote db repository

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Carl Vorster wrote:
> Thanks Stefano for the reply, but in my debugging process I created a new
> empty db and still got the same results - any other thoughts ?

Maybe the problem is in your network or in name resolution between the 2
machines.
How much does it take to run a mysql client from the same machine where
you installed james to the same machine where you have the james db?

Please use the same username/port/password/host as in your jdbc
configuration and test a simple query: it should execute in 0.1secs or
less... if it take more then the problem is in your network.

If it stopped working correctly suddenly then it is probably a dns or an
ethernet cable problem.

Stefano

RE: Weird behaviour with remote db repository

Posted by Carl Vorster <cc...@propartners.co.za>.
Thanks Stefano for the reply, but in my debugging process I created a new
empty db and still got the same results - any other thoughts ?

Thanks

Carl

dangerous content by Modiredi Internet Services(http://www.modiredi.co.za).