Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boyd <jb...@docmagic.com> on 2000/07/20 01:12:27 UTC

URL Rewriting

Why doesn't encodeURL() work in Apache-Tomcat? It works fine with Tomcat
standalone.

I have added this to the httpd.conf file.

  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine     on
      # Force URLs with a jsessionid to go to Tomcat. Necessary because
      # Apache doesn't recognize that the semi-colon is special.
      RewriteRule       ^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$   $1 [T=jserv-servlet]
  </IfModule>

But it still only works in standalone mode.  I'm fairly new to Apache and
Tomcat so please frame your in very simple terms and don't assume that I've
done the basics correctly.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: URL Rewriting

Posted by Torsten Glunde <tg...@pcf-software.de>.
Hi,

We have URL Rewriting working behind apache with our own Interceptor
which gets the sessionid form the url after it isn't caught from a
cookie. Just inherited from the standard Interceptor and added this
functionallity.

Please see the attached file.

Torsten Glunde

Re: URL Rewriting