Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/25 00:22:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Can Apache Proxy server to proxy the HTTP requests to the backend HTTPS/SSL server?

Dear Friends,

   We configured a HTTPS proxy server successfully to server the HTTPS requests.  However, we also want to configure a HTTP proxy server to handle the HTTP requests but proxy the HTTP requests to the backend SSL(or HTTPS) server.  The request flow is as below,

HTTP request ==> proxy server ==> HTTPS( or SSL) server?

Can Apache proxy do it?  Please help.

Many Thanks,
Q.Xie

Re: [users@httpd] Can Apache Proxy server to proxy the HTTP requests to the backend HTTPS/SSL server?

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 25, 2008 12:22 AM, Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
>    We configured a HTTPS proxy server successfully to server the HTTPS requests.  However, we also want to configure a HTTP proxy server to handle the HTTP requests but proxy the HTTP requests to the backend SSL(or HTTPS) server.  The request flow is as below,
>
> HTTP request ==> proxy server ==> HTTPS( or SSL) server?
>
> Can Apache proxy do it?  Please help.

Apache can do this.

Read the info in the manual on the following directives:
SSLProxyEngine
SSLProxyCACertificatePath

Krist

--