Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/10/01 08:43:15 UTC

NTLM and Proxy support

Hi all ,

HttpClient is pretty much straightforward in "http" and ssl connections.
This gave me immense flexibility in my project. With the advancement,
there is a requirement for NTLM and Proxy support via HttpClient.

What would be the best way to approach and adopt to give NTLM and Proxy
support.

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Saminda

Re: NTLM and Proxy support

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 14:24 +0200, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> Saminda,
>
> I am a bit puzzled by your question. There is documentation on how to
> use proxies and NTLM authenication on our website:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html
>
> Okay there is no sample code for proxy really. But have a look at the
> API Docs of HostConfiguration:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HostConfiguration.html
>
> Oleg, I guess we should provide a simple proxy sample.

There's really nothing special about proxy configuration that in my
opinion requires more clarifications that already given in the
authentication guide. Code contributions are always welcome, though. If
anyone wanted to go to the trouble of writing such a sample we would
happily accept it

Oleg

Re: NTLM and Proxy support

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.