Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by uromahn <ul...@ulrichromahn.net> on 2013/12/27 01:13:15 UTC

AMQP 1.0 JMS Client hangs on connection.close

I have already created a JIRA ticket for this here

However, I wanted to get some attention to this issue since it is a
"blocker" for my current project.

I am trying to figure out what could be wrong but haven't had any luck with
it yet. Maybe someone else has come across this issue already and found
either a work-around or a fix.

Thanks in advance,
-Uli

Re: AMQP 1.0 JMS Client hangs on connection.close

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Uli,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner but am on vacation at the
moment...

I've had a look at this and I think the C++ broker is in error here...
however the JMS client shouldn't sit waiting forever but instead should
throw a meaningful exception.  I'll produce a patch to that effect. however
we'll probably need Gordon to have a look at the C++ broker side of things.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Posted by uromahn <ul...@ulrichromahn.net>.
I re-ran my tests with the patched amqp 1.0 jms client and it appears that
this fixed the issue.
1. the client doesn't "hang" on the connection.close() anymore, and
2. the connection gets reported as "destroyed" in the qpid-cpp broker (using
qpid-tool)

I think there still may be some bug since the connection still stays open
(although the client doesn't hang) when connecting to an ActiveMQ 5.9 broker
using AMQP 1-0 (which is using the proton-j 0.5 library for its AMQP
support).

So, while I can now use the amqp jms client against qpidd (cpp) and
qpid-java without causing resource leaks, connecting to an ActiveMQ 5.9
broker with AMQP causes a leak in connections staying open.

Thanks again for taking care of this so quickly!
-Uli