Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <An...@cwu.EDU> on 2005/08/23 17:39:44 UTC

[users@httpd] [SPAM] RE: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap

Hi Pamela,

I finally got things working.  My co-worker helped me find the problem:
 in apache log we found these messages while restarting apache:

[Mon Aug 22 12:31:43 2005] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
[Mon Aug 22 12:31:43 2005] [crit] LDAP: Invalid LDAPTrustedCAType
directive - BASE64_FILE type required
[Mon Aug 22 12:31:43 2005] [warn] LDAP: SSL initialization failed
[Mon Aug 22 12:31:43 2005] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable

I was using the wrong type of CA file, and when I put in the right one
everything worked.

The FreeBSD stuff probably won't help you get things going on Windows.
When you say:
"So I've tried to install the option in the config file like this:

	ldap_auth_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

And I've tried it like this:

	ldap_auth_module D:/apache_files/mod_auth_ldap.so"

Have you opened your httpd.conf file and had a look?  Here's a link:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/windows.html#use

If you find a bunch of lines that start with "LoadModule", that's where
you might want to try putting in the line (or uncommenting it if it's
there):

LoadModule ldap_auth_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_ldap.so

Then don't forget to restart apache..

Have fun!

Andrew

Andrew Musselman
andrew@cwu.edu

>>> pamela.kalle@kahosl.be 8/23/2005 1:45 AM >>>

Hi Andrew,

Is it possible that your problem has something to do with the port
number?
Normally when you use a not-SSL connection you use port 389 and for a
SSL connection you use 636.

I don't know very good what you mean with:

I got mine working on FreeBSD by using the ports tree, after renaming
and removing httpd.conf, by going into the apache2 directory and
doing:
make clean
make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_LDAP_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes

I've tried to do this via de cmd on the directory Apache2 and on the
directory Apache/BIN but it didn't work (make is not a recognised
command)but maybe this is because I'm working with Windows...

Thank you for the answer

Greetings

Pamela