Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <JF...@viquity.com> on 2000/09/14 20:11:27 UTC

RE: Defining task-specific properties - what "namespace" should I use?

I really think that will not solve much.
If I have to give <jikes> options for <javac> why don't
just have a separate task for <jikes> than for <javac>?
I mean, will we expect that each user has to change his/her
copy of build.xml to make it suit their own build environment?

As people said before what is needed is a general mechanism for
configuring tasks. Some way to say "all my <javac>s should use
jikes and this options. A different user may indicate that all
their <javac>s should use modern compile and these other options.
All that without modifing the build.xml file.

Some XSLT style that ANT would apply automatically may probably do
that. But is has to work as transparently as the current property
definitions. And if no file is provided the appropriate default
behaviour should work.

Jose Alberto