Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 10:42:35 UTC

Need exception to be chained in deployment commands

In the directory,
geronimo\modules\deploy-jsr88\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\deployment\plugin\local\

StartCommand.run()
CommandSupport.doFail()

both trap exceptions and print out their stacktraces. Since the
exception doesn't bubble up, I'm unable to use them in a mojo.

I didn't want to mess with these files without talking to it's
creator/custodian.

Would they please advise how they want me to handle this ? I'd also
like to channel their output to the printstream of my choice for
logging purposes.

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Need exception to be chained in deployment commands

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
fyi deploymentmanager.setLogConfiguration(true, true), then you can
catch the exceptions.
- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/27, Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>:
> In the directory,
> geronimo\modules\deploy-jsr88\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\deployment\plugin\local\
>
> StartCommand.run()
> CommandSupport.doFail()
>
> both trap exceptions and print out their stacktraces. Since the
> exception doesn't bubble up, I'm unable to use them in a mojo.

Well, I won't help you much, but what about creating a JIRA issue so
that it won't slip our attention? Others would surely benefit from it,
too as the task is easier to follow.

> I didn't want to mess with these files without talking to it's
> creator/custodian.

Why not? It's an open source project and anybody can step up and
change whatever they think is appropriate. The issue is whether or not
it's committed, but that's another story ;)

> Would they please advise how they want me to handle this ? I'd also
> like to channel their output to the printstream of my choice for
> logging purposes.

I think you can do it with commons-logging we're using very easily.
So, provided the exception is logged, you can route it to whatever
output stream you wish.

> Prasad

Jacek

--