Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Wielgosz <jo...@cola.iges.org> on 2000/08/04 17:09:32 UTC

Tomcat refusing connections from the same JVM it's running in

Hi, new to the list.

I have Tomcat 3.1 running standalone on server_machine, with two servlets,
Servlet1 and Servlet2. Servlet1 serves up datasets. Servlet2 is a search
engine which looks for running copies of Servlet1 at a predefined list of
URLs, and indexes the available contents.

The problem is, when Servlet2 on server_machine tries to open an HTTP
stream from Servlet1 on server_machine, I get SocketException - Connection
refused. If I start up a new JVM on server_machine and open a stream to
Servlet1, it works fine, so it seems that the problem must arise from both
servlets running in the same JVM/instance of Tomcat.

This code worked fine with the JSDK 2.1 servlet server, so I am puzzled
that Tomcat doesn't like it.

Has anybody else seen this behavior, or know what I can do?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Wielgosz - Software Engineer
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies / Institute for Global Environment
and Society
joew@cola.iges.org - 301.891.3487