Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Niklas Ekman <ni...@citat.se> on 2005/04/08 10:59:27 UTC

DirectLink with prompt() parameter

Hello,

I'm trying to think of how to implement a DirectLink that takes a parameter
from a javascript prompt() response. Do anybody know how to implement this?

Thanks

/Niklas

Re: DirectLink with prompt() parameter

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Niklas Ekman <niklas.ekman <at> citat.se> writes:

> I'm trying to think of how to implement a DirectLink that takes a parameter
> from a javascript prompt() response. Do anybody know how to implement this?

Try something like:

<script ...>
function promptForParam() {
  window.location = document.anchors.link1.href+"&sp=s"+prompt("Enter:", "");
}
</script>

<a id="link1" jwcid="@DirectLink" onclick="promptForParam()">foo</a>