Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Jerry Hong <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 20:44:15 UTC

Help with Eclipse and Abdera

Has anyone ever gotten the following error?

org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement incompatible with
org.apache.abdera.model.Service
    at org.apache.abdera.examples.appclient.Main.main(Main.java:49)

This is what I have done so far:

1) I have checked out a copy of Abdera from the svn repository
2) I have build the ant file and downloaded the required .jar files
3) I have set the classpath so that everything compiles
4) I am trying to run the example that is included when I checked out the
project.

I will greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

-Jerry

--
"Expect the unexpected, and don't expect the expected." - Jerricality

Re: Help with Eclipse and Abdera

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
FYI... I spoke with Jerry via instant messaging and resolved that the
problem here was that since he was pointing at a Blogger endpoint, there
is no Service document available.  What was being parsed instead was an
XHTML document, leading to the class cast exception.

There is a working example of a post to Blogger in the examples module
in a class called "Services".  Look for the postToBlogger method.

- James