Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Ranjan, Rakesh (Cognizant)" <Ra...@cognizant.com> on 2005/10/03 10:30:15 UTC

out of box ldap

Hi ,

Hey I have read somewhere there that Geronimo doesn't support out of box
ldap. Can anybody tell me what is the mean of out of box ldap?

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: out of box ldap

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 3, 2005, at 1:30 AM, Ranjan, Rakesh ((Cognizant)) wrote:

> Hi ,
> Hey I have read somewhere there that Geronimo doesn’t support out of
> box ldap. Can anybody tell me what is the mean of out of box ldap?

I assume it means that to use LDAP you would have to write your own
login module.  This is no longer true.  M5 (and head) now include an
LDAP LoginModule

org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.LDAPLoginModule

However, this is currently in the wrong source directory

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas

I'll fix it in head but it's too late for M5.  It will work fine anyway.

We also include the Apache Directory server, so you can have pure java
geronimo-embedded LDAP as well as connecting to external LDAP systems.

If you need help with ldap configuration, you will have to get someone
else: this is the limit of my ldap knowledge.

Thanks
david jencks