Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pierre Coquentin <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/28 07:09:57 UTC

Synchronized block in StreamTask

Hi,

I've a simple technical question about kafka streams.
In class org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamTask, the
method "process" uses a synchronized block but I don't see why, the method
doesn't seem to be called in a multi-threaded environnement as it's created
and only accessed by a specific thread
org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
Am I missing something ? Or, as the API is unstable, this class is meant in
the future to be shared between several threads ?

Regards,

Pierre

Re: Synchronized block in StreamTask

Posted by Pierre Coquentin <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ok except that I messed up my subscription on dev and didn't receive
anything, sorry, I  will check in the archive to see the answer.
Thanks,

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.