Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Andrew J. Dick" <sq...@redhookgroup.com> on 2001/07/25 23:33:10 UTC

bean:define problem

Hi,

I am having some problems with the <bean:define> tag that I am hoping
someone can help me resolve.

I have a java.util.List that has been stored in the session.  The
session scope attributes are stored in a class some.class.Constants, as
per the struts example, in this case the attribute is PERSON_LIST_KEY.
On a jsp page I would like to create a dropdown list as follows:

Where 'personList' is the hardcoded value stored under
some.class.Constants.PERSON_LIST_KEY.  I would like to remove the
hardcoded value and instead reference in some manner the value defined
in the Constants class, but I am not of how to do so, and there is no
similar example in the struts examples (that I am aware of).

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew