Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pierre Smolarek <pi...@bbmcarlson.com> on 2002/11/14 15:52:50 UTC

@INC + use Lib

I've been having problems with use lib. I read the extract at http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#_INC_and_mod_perl and realised that you can hardcode @INC via httpd.conf or startup.pl. however, i tried adding PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB to a .htaccess file but that doesn't seem to work!?

Is there someway to isolate the paths to specific virtualhosts or directories? I tried adding it within a directory command in httpd.conf but it didn't seem to work.

Am I going about this in the right way?

Pierre

Re: @INC + use Lib

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

@INC is hardcoded at the server startup and gets reset after each request.

> Is there someway to isolate the paths to specific virtualhosts or
> directories? I tried adding it within a directory command in httpd.conf
> but it didn't seem to work.

Look at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Is_There_a_Way_to_Modify__INC_on_a_Per_Virtual_Host_or_Per_Location_Basis_
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/modules.html#Apache__PerlVINC___Allows_Module_Versioning_in_Location_blocks_and_Virtual_Hosts