Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Aaron <ma...@www.medsolv.com> on 2000/11/16 21:25:41 UTC

Problem with Ant and Build

Greetings!

I have installed the latest production version of Tomcat,
and included is the Ant utility.  I've followed the
installation instructions to the "T", and am now at the
point where I need to use the build script (I'm on linux)
to product the final output before testing my servlet.

When I run build, I get the following output:

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: /usr/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/pmr
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: copy because I can't
find it
in the list of task class definitions
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Could not create task of type: copy
because
 I can't find it in the list of task class definitions
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:374)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:
216)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a:193)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a:134)

Can someone shed some light on what's happening here?  I'm
at a complete loss, as all of the libraries exist and are
in the classpath I'm using....

BTW, my build script looks like

#!/bin/sh
# build -- Build Script for the "Hello, World" Application
# $Id: build,v 1.2 2000/04/04 22:01:13 craigmcc Exp $

# Identify the custom class path components we need
CP=$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/ant.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/xml.jar
CP=$CP:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/jasper.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar
CP=$CP:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/webserver.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/tools.jar

# Execute ANT to perform the requested build target
java -classpath $CP:$CLASSPATH org.apache.tools.ant.Main \
  -Dtomcat.home=$TOMCAT_HOME "$@"

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

~~~~~~~
Mike

Re: Problem with Ant and Build

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Mike Aaron <ma...@www.medsolv.com> wrote:

> I have installed the latest production version of Tomcat,
> and included is the Ant utility.

Yes, but a very, very old version of it. Install Ant 1.2 and your
problem should be gone.

Stefan