Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Narendra Sharma <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/30 00:58:31 UTC

batch_mutate vs number of write operations on CF

Hi,

I am using Cassandra 0.7 beta3 and Hector.

I create a mutation map. The mutation involves adding few columns for a
given row. After that I use batch_mutate API to send the changes to
Cassandra.

Question:
If there are multiple column writes on same row in a mutation_map, does
Cassandra show (on JMX write count stats for CF) that as 1 write operation
or as N write operations where N is the number of entries in mutation map
for that row.
Assume all the changes in mutation map are for one row.

Thanks,
Naren

Re: batch_mutate vs number of write operations on CF

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.
Using batch_mutate on a single row will count as 1 write operation, even if
you mutate multiple columns. Using batch_mutate on N rows will count as N
write operations.
- Tyler