Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Evyatar_Kafkafi <ev...@orsus.com> on 2002/01/02 08:25:45 UTC

javascript extension functions and rhino

Hello all,

I put a JavaScript extension function in my XSL stylesheet. When Xalan
process the XSL, it creates a new instance of rhino to evaluate the script.

1. Is it possible to tell Xalan to use a specific rhino instance that I
already have up?

2. What is the performance hit of creating a new rhino every time the XSL
stylesheet is processed? Suppose I have this XSL processed many times - I
wouldn't want rhino instances to be created again and again. What can be
done?

	TIA
	Evyatar Kafkafi