Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net> on 2004/06/29 11:42:23 UTC

Maven extract plugin proposal

Hi,

I need a way to extract resources from dependency artifacts, and am thinking
about a "maven-extract-plugin". I post this to know if anyone is working on
it and to get your comments.

The best approach I see is to add a property to the dependency with nested
resource tags as specified in pom build resources.

<properties>
  <extract>
    <resource>
      <directory/>
      <targetPath/>
      <includes>
        <include/>
      </includes>
      <excludes>
        <exclude/>
      </excludes>
    </resource>
  </extract>
</properties>

But I think the properties tag can't have nested ones, so a workaround could
be:

<properties>
  <extract.directory/>  <!-- default to root artifact directory -->
  <extract.targetPath/> <!-- default to maven.build.dest -->
  <extract.include/> <!-- one or more -->
  <extract.exclude/> <!-- one or more -->
  <!-- previous four tags can be repeated -->
</properties>

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez