Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by br...@sptroth.com on 2006/10/12 11:13:22 UTC

sa-learn with modified reply-to address

Hello All

I would change or add the reply-to address to "misstakes@mydomain.tld" of
each message before learning.
This to prevent failures or misstakes while sending messages to the
sa-host.

Can someone tell me if this method is suitable for the bayes database?

Thanks in advance
Bruno

Re: sa-learn with modified reply-to address

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
bruno.delladucata@sptroth.com wrote:

> We are using Lotus Notes / Domino for sending the messages to the
> sa-host.
>
> When a user is reporting a message as spam or ham, the recipient address
> is modified to spam@sa-host.tld or ham@...  and then copied into the
> router mailbox from the domino server.
> The Domino router then sends the message to the sa-host where postfix
> accept the message and
> put it into a Maildir driectory.
>
> Here you can see a fragment of a message sent to the sa-host (before
> learning):
Hmm, the changing of the To: address is going to result in sub-optimal
learning. SA's bayes does heavily tokenize To: headers. I'd be more
concerned about that than changing the Reply-To.

That said, your learning may be a bit sub-optimal, but I don't think it
would have a severe impact on SA's normal operation.

The only other thing to worry about is if domino modifies the body when
it gets the message. Some groupware type systems do things like
normalize the body encodings, strip out superfluous mime sections, etc.
This is good for disk storage and efficient mail processing, but really
bad for sa-learn.

Re: sa-learn with modified reply-to address

Posted by br...@sptroth.com.

Subject: Thank You For Your Registration
From: no-reply@websidestory.com
Sender: user@maildomain.tld