Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/07/06 14:40:04 UTC

TotalEnqueueCount,TotalDequeueCount,TotalMessages in JMX activemq does not work as i would expect

When i observe the JMX activemq broker node: I see that
TotalMessages + TotalDequeueCount = TotalEnqueueCount

I would expect that the TotalEnqueueCount = TotalDequeueCount =
TotalMessages
Am i wrong? why is the first equation correct?

Thanks

Re: TotalEnqueueCount,TotalDequeueCount,TotalMessages in JMX activemq does not work as i would expect

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On a queue - enqueue is the messages sent to a queue, messages is the
messages held by the broker, and dequeue is the messages consumed.
So what you're seeing looks correct

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
Queues

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.