Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Henry Larson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/11 22:23:18 UTC

Data transfer criteria between collector and agent in E2E for flume 0.9.4-cdh3u4

I have configured the agent to write in E2E using gzip compression, no
batching (I guess compressed batching in E2E could lead to lost messages?)

The sink definition on the agent is : 'lazyOpen gzip
agentE2ESink("collector_hostname", 35999)'

Given this, a few questions:

1. If the agent sends over some events over to the collector, does it pause
writing anything more to that collector UNTIL it gets acks for those events
from the collector?

2. If so, how many events does the agent send over to the collector before
it pauses writing anything more to that collector?

3. Does the collector have something similar to the agent's 'logged'
directory, or does the collector flush events directly to the sinks without
writing them first, temporarily to a "cache directory"?