Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by er...@jpmorgan.com on 2003/03/06 18:43:36 UTC

Visual Age for Java problem

I'm trying to set up Cactus (1.2) with Visual Age for Java (3.5.3).  I get
a NoClassDefFoundError when JUnit tries to load my ServletTestCase.  I
traced the problem to a call to Class.getDeclaredMethods(), called on the
AbstractTestCase while JUnit is iterating over the super classes of my test
case.  I've determined that I can safely call getDeclaredMethod() for both
declared methods of AbstractTestCase, and I can safely call getMethods().
The actual exception is being thrown inside a native method
(Class.getDeclaredMethods0()) so I can't debug it any further.  I search
the mailing list and saw a complaint from last year with the exact same
stack trace
(http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02027.html)
but no one could help.  I'm sure everything is in my classpath.  The fact
that I can get the declared methods by name but not as a group suggest
something more sinister is afoot.

Any ideas?  Does anyone have Cactus 1.2 working with VAJava 3.5.3?

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.