Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by jimmy6 <wh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/17 08:55:41 UTC

jsf Validator bypass empty string

How to avoid jsf Validator bypass empty string? I am doing hibernate
annotation validation. I found that if the textbox is empty it will not
reach to javax.faces.validator phase.

Re: jsf Validator bypass empty string

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Validators are not called if a value was not given. That is what the
required attribute is for. (Awful I know, but for some dumb reason,
required attribute was used instead of a required validator in JSF)