Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/16 00:05:30 UTC

ajax components

I've hit a sort of pivotal point, not that it can't be changed later.

I don't see a clear/intuitive way of "sprinkling" ajax behaviour onto some
of components in tapestry (at least not the core , ie DirectLink / Form
)...There is no intuitive default behaviour from what I can tell, esp for
things like a Form.

In the regular form world people expect their page to refresh when they hit
submit. The default behaviour for an ajax form wouldn't be to refresh. So
this very basic sort of thing wouldn't make sense to me. Even with some sort
of global runtime flag notion.

For now, I'm going to move forward with a tacos-ish AjaxDirectLink/AjaxForm
semantic until I get a chance to really play around with and see how the
interactions feel. It might end up being possible that way intuitively
figure out what sort of logic to provide based on what parameters the user
specifies.

I'm probably going to spend a very long time with this one single component
and ask for feedback from people once I get somewhere semi usable with it.

Any objections/input/etc are , as always, more than welcome.

jesse