Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Bob Cotton <bc...@synxis.com> on 2001/09/20 00:36:18 UTC

Question about generated WSDL

I've installed axis, and played with the examples. Great stuff!!

I have a question about automatic WSDL generation.

So I'm putting together a new web service. I created the deployment
descriptor with a method that takes a complex type as a parameter, and
returns a complex type. The complex types are implemented as
JavaBeans.

I added beanMappings for those complex types and all sub types.

After deployment, I list services and the typeMappings show up.

When I ask for the wsdl /services/Service?wsdl, there is no <types>
section in the wsdl.

How do I get the types section into the wsdl?

Thanks
- Bob

--
SynXis Corporation      | bob@synxis.com    | Obstacles are those frightful
1610 Wynkoop, Suite 400 | Ph: (303)595-2511 | things you see when you take your

Re: Question about generated WSDL

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Hi Bob!

The short answer is "for now, you can't".  We'll be adding support for
generating <types> from typemapping information, at least for the basic
types, arrays, and classes using the BeanSerializer, sometime in the next
few weeks.  For now, you'll just find the argument <part>s have the correct
QNames for the types as registered with Axis - the best way to put type
information in there right now is to add it manually.

--Glen