Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt> on 2006/11/27 19:28:14 UTC

Create User Remotly

Hi all,

All i am trying to create a portlet that by getting the information through
the RequestParameter, creates a user in jetspeed, i have follow every post i
have come to a dead lock, which is

	i have configured jetspeed-portlet.xml to be aple to user the
services which they are also configured in jetspeed-services.xml in the
assembly directoy. Every thing is ok ok at least it is because while
deploying my portlet i get several of these lines in the log file:

	namespace = http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
	name= service
	object =
org.apache.jetspeed.om.impl.JetspeedServiceReferenceImpl@14ddd67
	service =
org.apache.jetspeed.om.impl.JetspeedServiceReferenceImpl@14ddd67
	.
	.
	.
	.
	.

Now my problem is that i cannot get my portlet started because this code
line:

	userManager = (UserManager)
getPortletContext().getAttribute(CommonPortletServices.CPS_USER_MANAGER_COMP
ONENT);

It is throwing this exception:

	Failed to load portlet com.testing.CustomJSPPortlet:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserManagerImpl

Anyone here was able to create a custom portlet to work with the UserManager
in J2 ?

Thank you in advance

Ruben Fragoso

RE: Create User Remotly

Posted by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt>.
Ok it worked, thank you Mikko and David =D

Posted by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt>.
Ok, thank you, i will try that :)

Re: Create User Remotly

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi>.