Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by James Stauffer <js...@spscommerce.com> on 2004/06/15 19:14:04 UTC

Backup appender

Is there a way to setup a backup appender? e.g. if DBAppender can't write
the event to the database then it will send it to a FileAppender.

James Stauffer

RE: Backup appender

Posted by Scott Heaberlin <he...@yahoo.com>.
I submitted a FailoverErrorHandler class a while back (can be used with
the DOMConfigurator) but I don't think it ever made it to the log4j
sandbox.  The archived message (with attachment) is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-dev&m=105607193030090&w=2

It is similar in concept to the FallbackErrorHandler except that it does
not switch off the primary appender if it fails. It simply sends the
logging event to the backup appender.

-Scott Heaberlin