Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jean FX <xo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 18:37:00 UTC

Should we not not have a feature to force the exit of JVM in case of "The JVM should have exitted but did not."

When the bellow happens in server mode, jmeter does not exit. Is this not a
bug?

[jmeter] Starting the test @ Wed Apr 02 18:24:11 SAST 2014 (1396455851107)
   [jmeter] Waiting for possible shutdown message on port 4445
   [jmeter] Tidying up ...    @ Wed Apr 02 18:32:53 SAST 2014
(1396456373022)
   [jmeter] ... end of run
   [jmeter] The JVM should have exitted but did not.
   [jmeter] The following non-daemon threads are still running
(DestroyJavaVM is OK)

Re: Should we not not have a feature to force the exit of JVM in case of "The JVM should have exitted but did not."

Posted by Jean FX <xo...@gmail.com>.
We could open an issue with the custom sampler's author.

But in the context of a test, I believe it is a bit extreme to "hang"
because a thread did not exit: at least it should exit and fail the test
plan cases affected by a sampler(s) not closing (their) threads, so that
there is a result to investigate.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean FX <xo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by UBIK LOAD PACK Support <su...@ubikloadpack.com>.
Hello,
Since JMeter 2.10, there is a new property:

   - jmeterengine.force.system.exit

Which you can set to true .

This  forces NON-GUI JVM to exit after test end.

--

Regards
Ubik Load Pack <http://ubikloadpack.com> Team

Cordialement