Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Wang, Mary Y" <ma...@boeing.com> on 2010/04/22 20:29:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

I'm encountering some problems here and hope someone can help me to solve them.  I've researched many blogs and lists and couldn't find an answer.
I have declare a virtual host for download-example2.com which has the same IP as example2.com.

(1) I also declared an Alias (see below) so that it will point to the correct directory.  But when I had this URL https://download-example2.com/example-download/devbrass2-1/excel_download_error.bmp

I received the following error:
"Internal Server Error

Apache/1.3.27 ............"

It also bothered me why the error web page listed Apache/1.3.27, but I'm running on httpd 2.0.46

Alias /example-download/ /usr/www/download/

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName example2.com
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName download-example2.com
DocumentRoot  /usr/www/
</VirtualHost>

(2) Do I need to request another SSL certificate for the virtual host download-example2.com?

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Re: [users@httpd] Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Wang, Mary Y <ma...@boeing.com> wrote:
> Jason,
> You are so right.  The problem was the DNS server didn't map to the correct hostname (it was pointing to another host that was running Apache 1.3.27).
> Now, I can relax a bit.
>
> Thanks
> Mary

It's probably not your server, but this is a list of the
vulnerabilities fixed since Apache 1.3.27 was released in 2002:
http://httpd.apache.org/security/vulnerabilities_13.html

I'd strongly recommend moving to 2.2 on that server, or at the least, 1.3.42

Cheers

Tom

RE: [users@httpd] Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error

Posted by Jason Nunnelley <ja...@jasonn.com>.