Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexey Ghenov <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 09:55:01 UTC

Suggestion about the tunnelling implementation.

Hello,

Now after OPENMEETINGS-576<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-576>are
rejected, i am going to do this task with more acceptable way.(Looks
like i done mistake in understanding target of task in beginning). At least
in process of developing proposal i was learned many things about
openmeetings.

Looks like correct way to do this task are configuring red5 server. Are its
fine target? I am glad to receive any suggestions about that.

Also i planning to become more familiar with openmeetings source code, it
is be wonderful if someone give me staring point(related with tunneling
task) to start exploring.

And again source text from GSOC-2012.
>- proper traffic tunnelling (images and screensharing now use 5080 port,
SIP applet likely uses > different ports as well, while anything should be
happy with 80 port);
> - performance: getting rid of Apache httpd to improve openmeetings
hosting performance
> (Apache eats tons os megabytes - proper jetty configuration can be done
as a part of
> tunelling task);

With best regards, Alexey.