Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by CDB <cb...@burkeitconsulting.com> on 2012/05/28 00:11:31 UTC

app freeze on pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection

Hello

I have an application using POI to open many pdf documents and it appears to
freeze on some of them.
At first I thought it was password protection but it doesn't happen only to
password protected pdf's

The error is included in the attached.

Exception in thread "Consumer-2" java .lang.NoClassDefFoundErrro:
org/bouncycastle/jce/provider/BouncyCastleProvider
At org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection(PDDocument.java:905)

I am looking at the code to catch the exception but I am puzzled why it
locks at runtime and not propagate error and terminate application

Thanks

Charles

Re: app freeze on pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 28.05.2012 00:11, schrieb CDB:
> Hello
>
> I have an application using POI to open many pdf documents and it appears to
> freeze on some of them.
I guess this is a typo. POI [1] is a java based library to work with ms office
documents. You're talking about PDFBox aren't you? ;-)

> At first I thought it was password protection but it doesn't happen only to
> password protected pdf's
>
> The error is included in the attached.
>
> Exception in thread "Consumer-2" java .lang.NoClassDefFoundErrro:
> org/bouncycastle/jce/provider/BouncyCastleProvider
> At org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection(PDDocument.java:905)
>
> I am looking at the code to catch the exception but I am puzzled why it
> locks at runtime and not propagate error and terminate application
Sounds like a missing jar. You should use the precompiled jar [2] including
everything which is needed or you should simply add the boucy castle
jars as listed here [3].

> Thanks
>

> Charles

BR