Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sameer W <sa...@axiomine.com> on 2018/05/09 17:52:51 UTC

Do Flink metrics survive a shutdown?

I want to use Flink metrics API to store user defined metrics (counters). I
instantiate the MetricsGroup in the open() function of the RichMapFunction
and increment the counters which are created within the metrics group.

If the job restarts on failure, will the counters get restored from state?

Thanks,
Sameer

Re: Do Flink metrics survive a shutdown?

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
No. You have to checkpoint and restore the value yourself.