Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/02/01 22:45:29 UTC

some strange experiences building things, while fixing some eclipse feature licenses

While I was fixing the license that's displayed for the Eclipse feature for
uimaj tooling, I noticed a couple of things.

1) Once I noticed that problem where the jar name had the string
${parseVersion.osgiVersion} instead of its value.  After it went away, I
couldn't reproduce it...

2) I first built the feature project and uimaj-update-site project using the
built-in eclipse context menu pick on the project:  (right-click) -> Run ->
maven install.

These appeared to run, but the Jars that were built didn't seem to get updated.

This may have been some "operator" error (by me) forgetting to run clean, and
maybe that skipped building the new jar.

I resorted to running maven from the command line, and then everything started
to work...

(Just reporting my strange experience - sorry no firm conclusions...)

-Marshall