Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/05 21:04:31 UTC

[Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

According to the charter, we need to appoint a Vice President for Cordova.
This is a discussion to do the nomination process with a separate vote
thread if we have multiple nominations. We can change the person appointed
at any time in the future.

Charter can be viewed at [1].

The V.P. will be in charge of representing Apache Cordova in the ASF board
and handling other duties involved with that position.

Reply back with who you wish to nominate. Lets have at least 2 people +1 a
nomination.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/Draft%20Charter

-Steve

Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Eh this is a nice thread to come home to ----thx for the support everyone.
I promise to use these secretarial-in-nature powers for good. In
seriousness, this community is a very humbling place to operate in, and its
an honor to work w/ you all.

Posted by Bryce Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Brian

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.
+1 Brian

Posted by Tim Kim <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Brian Leroux.

--
Timothy Kim

Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
+1 I agree Brian LeRoux

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
yup, Brian LeRoux

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
+1 Brian LeRoux

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Jesse MacFadyen <pu...@gmail.com>.
I agree!
Or if you want a vote:
+1 to Brian Leroux as VP

Cheers,
  Jesse

Sent from my iPhone6

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Jesse MacFadyen <pu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Will Brian accept the nomination? Does he want it? Same questions for
> Patrick?

I appreciate the nomination.  I've been involved in various activities like
this over the years, going back to CORBA OMG days (showing my age). And I'd
like to give more people the chance to bask in that glory. heh. And I'm a
bit overloaded at the moment.  So, I decline.

> I would like to nominate Michael Brooks,  I think he ( as Brian and
> Patrick ) would be a good fit for the role

I agree Michael would be another good choice.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org

Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
+1 Brian

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Sure I'd do it.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
+1 Brian LeRoux!

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 Brian Leroux

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.
What's about Patrick Mueller?

Posted by Gord Tanner <go...@tinyhippos.com>.
+1

--
Gord Tanner
Senior Developer / Code Poet

Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to nominate Brian LeRoux from Adobe. He is very active on the
> mailing list and has been handling our Apache board reports since we first
> moved over to Apache.

+1 on Brian LeRoux

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org

Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
+1 Brian LeRoux

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.