Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/02/16 20:56:59 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday Feb 17 11 AM PST 20 CET

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday February 17 11 AM Pacific
Standard Time (PST) 20 Central Europe to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:
1. JDO 3.2 anything left?
2. New db-jdo pull request #37 "Add JDK17 to build job"
https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/37
3. Reproducible JDO Build
4. New JIRA JDO-805 "Consolidate download pages"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-805
5. New JIRA  JDO-806 "Use apache URL for schemaLocation of JDO XSDs"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-806
6. JDK 18 Rampdown Phase 2 & JDK 19 Early-Access Builds (see Craig's email)
7. Issues for JDO 3.2.1 or JDO 3.3
7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Feb 02 2022] AI Craig file a JIRA with infra to change reply-to
notifications @ db.apache.org
[Jan 27 2022] AI Craig update the instructions in the 3.2  branch and
create a new PR for the changes. This will include putting the proposed
release into the dev directory before the vote.
[Jan 20 2022] AI Craig look at the specification and see if we should
update the J2EE reference to Jakarta or keep it and assume that people
know what the J2EE story is.
[Jan 20 2022] AI Craig ask Oracle to redirect their JDO web page.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Dec 02 2021] AI Tobias: find how to update and generate the
db.apache.org web site. Message private@db.apache.org and ask if anyone
has the latest information. If no response, ask users@infra.apache.org
for the truth.
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday Feb 17 11 AM PST 20 CET

Posted by JDO Spec <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday Feb 24 11:00 PST 20:00 CET

Agenda:
1. JDO 3.2 anything left?
Do we want to close all of the 3.2 JIRA issues? Nothing left to do.
AI Michael close all the 3.2 JIRA issues. Also 3.x or 2.x if they are not already closed.

Now is the time to move the specification to a different repo.
The specification directory has a number of obsolete files that probably should be removed as well as some meta files that should be preserved.

AI Craig look at the current directory and see what can be removed before migration.

2. New db-jdo pull request #37 "Add JDK17 to build job" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/37
Works fine. Build worked ok.
We generate Java8 byte codes regardless of what compiler and runtime are being used.
AI Tobias merge the PR.

3. Reproducible JDO Build
The HowToReleaseJDO needs to be updated. As part of the preparation for the release, run a verify step (should have already been run way earlier in the process; this is not expected to show any issues).

AI Tilmann update the page.

4. New JIRA JDO-805 "Consolidate download pages" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-805

AI everyone take a look and comment on the proposal.

5. New JIRA  JDO-806 "Use apache URL for schemaLocation of JDO XSDs" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-806

Ai everyone take a look at the proposed solution.

6. JDK 18 Rampdown Phase 2 & JDK 19 Early-Access Builds (see Craig's email)

Nothing for the JDO project to do unless someone finds an issue with a later JDK and wants to report an issue.

7. Issues for JDO 3.2.1 or JDO 3.3
8. Other issues