Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/27 04:16:56 UTC

Some questions about Zookeeper 3.2.0

Hi all:

Here are two questions about Zookeeper 3.2.0:
1. When would Zookeeper 3.2.0 be released exactlly? I really want to have a
look at the new version :-)
2. How to upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 properly. Just stop the old server and
start the new server would be OK? Will this operation influence the old
ephemeral znodes? Is there a perfect upgrade plan?

With Regards!

Ye, Qian
Made in Zhejiang University

Re: Some questions about Zookeeper 3.2.0

Posted by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mahadev, your information is really helpful :-)

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Qian,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted,

frankly speaking, your answer makes me nervous about upgrade Zookeeper
server.  Hope the developers of Zookeeper thinking about it. I think
Zookeeper is very cool. But it isn't good enough for online systems if it
cannot be upgraded without losing existed data.

Thanks

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.